So here is my dilemma...
McCain is ahead in the primaries, and according to the Polls RIGHT NOW (that could easily change) has the best chance, by a significant margin, of beating the democrat in the General election. (My source is realclearpolitics.com , they take an average of all the big polls)
He is, however, not my favorite.
I was hoping to get some more opinions on Romney, previously I was planning to vote for him, but... I don't know if this bothers anyone else... he seems to say anything that he is supposed to say, therefore he is hard for me to read. I know that he has solid business background, and seems to be able to help out our falling economy, based on what he has done in the past including the last Salt Lake Olympic games, and for the state of Mass. (although, I'm not sure how much exactly the President can effect the economy, it has it's ups and downs.) I also like his stance on Moral issues.
I am really hoping to also get more opinion about Ron Paul, who, if the election were today, would have my vote. If you don't know about him, I would suggest watching Google's interview with him (just google it, it is easy to find). It is very informative. He is a kind of politician that I have not seen in a long time. It seems like he says what he thinks is right, regardless of how unpopular it might be. He is a strict contitutionalist, and therefore really thinks that the federal govt should have no power beyond what is stated in the Constitution. This would include getting rid of the federal dept of education, commerce, IRS, etc. A lot of his stances on issues are that the federal govt should have no stance; they should not be involved.
I think it would be beneficial for the United States to have a much smaller government; people are depending on it so much, and looking for it to solve all problems, instead of being self-reliant.
It seems to me that Hillary and Obama want a more extensive "social safety net", and much bigger government, the Neo-conservatives (Romney, McCain) too are aiming at bigger government, but go that direction much slower. Ron Paul wants a much smaller government, but obviously is not going to be elected, so a vote for him would, at best, mean more momentum for next time, or the candidate that is in office paying more attention to that way of thinking.
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm with you on Romney. I was looking at him early on until I saw the video of Ron Paul at Google. I don't agree with everything that Ron Paul says but I have very strong feelings about the federal reserve and see it as a major problem in our economy. Our founding fathers warned use against using a private company to print our money. Even worse if they had nothing to back what they print.
My problem now is that Ron Paul is so far out of the race I am thinking of voting for Romney again. I feel like that is the same thing I have done in the past. The guy I wanted was out of the race so I picked the one I thought was the least of two evils. Maybe the best thing to do is vote your best choice and not wimp out. I am still undecided. Romney scares me because he is sounding just like all the rest of them. I think he is a good man but have a feeling he would be really shocked when he got in office and really found out what was going on in our country. I know I do not want any of the other choices so I just need to decide if to vote for the one I want and not worry about if they can win.
I didn't believe my brother's conspiracy theory about the press ruining Ron Paul's candidacy until I saw the press ruin Ron Paul's candidacy. As far as primaries go, I think I will go for Romney. As far as the Presidential election, I am still kind of love/hate with Obama. I really liked when Huckabee said he would like to get rid of the IRS, but (since he doesn't seem to be repeating it, it is totally unrealistic, and tax season was approaching)I think he was just pandering. WHAT DO YA'LL THINK OF MCCAIN? Specifically as opposed to Mitt Romney?
Tom, I'm curious to know more about your love/hate relationship with Obama, I'm sure that you know from my posts that I strongly disagree with Obama and Hillary, but, I am curious, from your perspective who would be better between the two of them? I'm sure you are better informed on the question then I am.
I also couldn't tell from your post, are you a Ron Paul supporter?
Post a Comment