Saturday, January 24, 2009

Obama: Stop listening to Rush Limbaugh

My initial fears about Obama are beginning to be realized, even sooner than I had expected. I just read about Obama's latest stimulus plan to add yet another "economic stimulus" package, this time amounting to $1 trillion. He also warned republicans to stop listening to Rush Limbaugh if they want to get along with democrats and the new administration. He shot down one critic with a simple message: "I won, I will trump you on that".
I fear that we will see enforcement of the so-called "fairness doctrine" which will try to silence conservative talk radio by regulating it out of existence. I also fear that the unsound economic policies which Bush started recently, will be greatly expanded by Obama, resulting in even greater government intrusion into the free market, and greater devaluation of the dollar. It also bothers me a great deal that he is already adopting a very arrogant "no compromise" attitude towards those who oppose him. He and his supporters will try to run roughshod over the more conservative economic policy supporters, claiming that they have a "mandate". I just hope that all of this backfires on him and his supporters in the next election. It would be really nice to get a president and congress which believes in the free market. Unfortunately though, corruption takes its toll and I think one of the big reasons we're seeing greater government intrusion, is because of dishonest and corrupt actions on the part of banks and the government backed institutions involved in our country's financial system.

2 comments:

Ted said...

WTF, at least El Rushbo is constitutionally qualified to be President!

Hyrum Andrews said...

Ted, thank you for your comment but please, have to keep the language clean on this blog (no WTFs).

Interesting comments Phil. I think it's funny now when Obama constantly talks about ending the constant partisan bickering --in other words-- stop bickering with me and just shut up and do it my way. Hey, it sounds good on TV though, right? As many things as I didn't like about McCain, I think him and Lieberman were the only politicians that were actually sincere about having both sides of the isle work together.

Who knows, maybe the bickering is better, they get less done, right? That may be our only hope for small government at this point.

I was talking to an extreme liberal the other day. He was telling me how much he liked Obama, but was worried that he wasn't going to be able to get much done because the Republicans were going to stop him. I asked him how on earth the Republicans would stop him, since they have the minority in both houses and almost zero media backing or even coverage. He quickly replied- "I don't know-- I just don't trust those Republicans, they are so sneaky they are bound to come up with some plot."

I think that shows a very common liberal sentiment. There are not two points of view. There are the rational and educated Obama supporters, and everyone else is crazy, either a greedy businessman or religious fanatic, incapable of logical reasoning. Or how did Obama put it? We turn to our guns and religion, (since we are not capable of his enlightened way of thinking)?

Regarding the economic stimulus, that isn't just Obama. Bush is the one that got that ball rolling, and now the Republicans and Democrats both seem to be on board. I agree with you that it will be destructive though. See my other post for more on that...

I'm also very concerned with Obama's agenda to repeal DOMA (defense of marriage act), signed into law in 1996 by Clinton. Basically, it is the first step to putting the control of marriage and civil unions into Federal hands. Instead of states deciding on what marriage is, the federal courts will get to decide, and it will be imposed on the states. Please take a sec and look at the following website for more info. They have a program set up to write a letter (pre-made or your own), and they automatically send it to all of your representatives.

domadefensefund.com