Sunday, November 3, 2024

2024 Presidential Election

 2024 Elections

Well, here we are again, another presidential election year. I would love to hear your opinions and feedback.

Lets get right to it...

CALIFORNIA STATE PROPOSITIONS

Prop 2 (School Bond): NO

10 Billion dollar bond... need I say more? This is a simple game of stealing from others using government authority to get away with it. Who are we stealing from? Our children by giving them a huge tax burden to pay back 10 billion in the future. They attempt to justify it by saying that it's for the children to have better classrooms. Wake up California! How many bonds like this have been passed every election cycle, and not one penny goes to your school or your classroom. In fact, by the time all the money trickles through all of the committees and oversights and lawyers and other special interest, hardly any of it goes to ANY classrooms. It nothing more than authorized stealing on a grand scale. Yet alas, it will pass. It's for the children!

Prop 3 (Marriage definition): NO

Although I would rather have a government so small that marriage is handled by churches and communities, if government is involved, then the benefit is to socially sanction a practice that will build a stronger foundation of family units where children can best be raised.

Prop 4 (Water Bond): NO

More bonds. Here is a crazy idea government: Use the high taxes that you already have responsibly!

Prop 5 (Bond multiplier): NO!

Worse than a bond, this is the multiplier of Bonds. It allows them to easily be created without a 2/3 majority vote! Yikes!

Prop 6 (Prohibits prison labor): NO

Why shouldn't prisoners be made to work? They damaged society, and they should pay back a debt.

Prop 32 (Min wage increase): NO

Why should government control a contract between an employee and employer? Increasing min wage just creates more inflation, which drives prices up. What is the incentive to seek skills and education if the government makes the wages the same for everyone? Its artificially messing with a free market in a bad way.

Prop 33 (Expands control on renters): NO

There are already too many restrictions on what people are allowed to do with the property they own. Cost-Hawkins is a legal speed bump against the government imposing restrictions on renting one's own property, and it should not be repealed.

Prop 34 (Drug revenues): YES

Drug companies should at least spend federal dollars on patients instead of political activity

Prop 35 (MEDI-CAL services funding): YES OR NO. Probably will vote no.

This is a weird one. It assumes that a tax on managed health care will be made permanent by the legislature. It tries to do a preemptive strike, making the tax permanent AND mandating that the funds be spent on MEDI-CAL.

Prop 36 (Felony charges for theft and drug crimes): YES

Too many thefts and fentanyl drug crimes have no consequence and the criminals repeat over and over. They must be stopped.

PRESIDENT

What I don't like about Trump...

Leading up to the last election, I decided that I would not vote for Trump unless he promised that he would step down peacefully if he lost. In the third debate against Biden, he said that he would accept the results, and I decided that was good enough. I took a chance and voted for him. Soon after, during the Jan 6th travesty, I regretted voting for him. Thank goodness for the moral fortitude of Mike Pence. When Trump made his power play, Pence didn't back him, and neither did congress. He was finished, but it wasn't for his lack of trying. Then, when the people rallied, he could have called them off, but he didn't. Does he belong in jail? No. He didn't instigate the storming of the capitol building, but stayed silent. He has a very curious way of staying silent on things that leaves everyone wondering where he really stands...

His plight was an unfair election, yet he had no evidence. Even the thought that he tried to throw out the election results based on hearsay and allegation is a VERY scary thing for our country. It also speaks to his character -- that he will stop at nothing to grab power. The bottom line is that election processes and counting are and should remain a state and local issue. Keeping states and localities in charge of the messy business of vote counting is the ONLY way to prevent corruption on a massive scale. Is there corruption in voting? Yes, but it is a local phenomenon, which both sides of the isle have control and oversite of. I think the infrequent cheating happens about equally on both sides and cancels each other out. The idea that one side has the moral high ground on cheating is just not true.

What I like about Trump...

His foreign policy has been the best of any other president since I was born. The military industrial complex doesn't own him. He didn't get us into any wars, and he will sit and talk with ANY world leader. The fact that other European counties don't like him doesn't bother me a bit. Too much of the world is too used to getting free handouts from the U.S. and it's not surprising that they would be upset when the free handouts come into question by a change in status quo.

His supreme court nominations were fantastic. There has been a liberal stranglehold on the supreme court for decades, which he finally broke. Roe v. Wade FINALLY reversed!

The fact that he is favored by the crypto community, and endorsed by RFK and Elon Musk is HUGE. They both understand government corruption and over-reach and have worked hard to put an end to it. To imagine them both on the presidential team sounds amazing. The vision of draining the swamp might actually become a reality.

I'm surprised to see this become a reality, but Trump is more presidential than he ever was in the past. His off-the-cuff stupid things he says are much more infrequent, and the way he dealt with the assassination attempts was nothing short of inspiring.

What I like about Kamala...

Kamala is an empty shell. She is the perfect puppet. It somehow feels safe to keep the status quo of the government being run by the puppeteers. In the play Hamilton, she is Aaron Burr. The words grate on my soul to write them, but the familiar is safe. She is exactly more of the same.

What I don't like about Kamala...

It really bothers me that no one has ever voted for her, yet here she is with a 50% chance of being president. There is ABSOLUTLY no way that she would have won the democratic nomination. I find it interesting that she isn't vocal on many issues. The issue that she is most popular for, and the focus of her entire race has been a simple message of "I AM NOT TRUMP". Other than that, she speaks in circles with lots of buzz words like "middle class", "tax the rich" with very little substance of what she plans to do. One of my biggest concerns is one of the plans that she does have is setting price limits on food. Government caused inflation --> price limits --> shortages --> public outcry --> government gets bigger to try to "fix" the problem --> more inflation --> rinse and repeat.

Bottom line...

Our country is fiscally at the edge of a cliff. The runaway debt and spending is just not sustainable. Politicians only make things worse. We have got to change, and as egotistical and rude as he is, I think Trump has the best chance of dealing with problems instead of kicking the can down the road, especially if RFK and Musk are given some power in his administration. As it will be his second term, he won't be up for re-election, so I won't need to worry about another Jan 6th.

STATE OFFICES

California is very sick. We are seeing what happens when one party has ultimate control over government. There is nothing to hold them accountable, no reason to worry about electability. Too many of their crazy idealistic ideas are becoming reality. For that reason, Republican across the board. If a democrat 2/3 majority can AT LEAST be prevented, I would call it a win at this point. 

JUDGES

https://judgevoterguide.com/by-state-judge-races/

I trust this resource for endorsing constitutionalist judges instead of activist judges. Gerald Pfohl.

SCHOOL BOARD

Community College-- not impressed with either. I will probably not vote or vote for Sylva.

TVUSD School Board -- tough one for me. David Sola looks like a good guy. The teachers union that I'm not a member of tells me to vote for him. He will fulfill the role just fine, I'm sure. I have had board members tell me before that they were frustrated with how little power they had, and how little they actually had control of. They felt like a rubber stamp. Government power should be pyramid shaped. The most power should be concentrated at the individual level, then community, state, and the weakest should be federal. The current government structure is evermore becoming an upside-down pyramid, with local governments having their hands tied. Contrast that with Dr. Komrosky. Very adamant about leading at a local level: parental rights and notification, anti CRT, those are the good things. I like that he is leading, and I like that he isn't a rubber stamp. The only thing that really bothers me about him is that one of his main objectives is to try to protect children from harmful EMR waves from WIFI. I find no scientific basis for this. It is similar to the anti-vax arguments but even more far out. Because the rest of the school board doesn't agree with him that this is a problem, he probably won't be able to take it far. At the end of the day, our public schools need major reform, and need to have higher accountability to the parents. I feel like I can't squash someone trying to do that, which is why will probably vote for Dr. K. It's a tough one though. I would much rather have someone willing to stand up to the powers that be and enact change, but in a more sensible way.

1 comment:

Hyrum said...

Another good resource: https://antiochherald.com/2024/10/howard-jarvis-taxpayers-association-takes-positions-on-statewide-november-ballot-measures/

The Howard Jarvis Taxpayer Association is a good fiscal watchdog.