Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Audacity of Egomania

I don't think this post will necessarily encourage a lot of discussion, but I just need somewhere to vent. Can you believe how outrageous it is that Blagojevich is still appointing someone to the Senate seat? And that he's insisting that he has done nothng wrong? And that he is refusing to step down? Hello! They have you on tape! The fact that you don't think the wire tapping was legal doesn't change the fact that you said those things!

Ugh. Politicians and their egomania make me crazy sometimes. He is trying to make it seem like it is about serving the people of Illinois, but we all know whose interest he is actually serving, and it probably stopped being the people of Illinois a long time ago.

The end.

3 comments:

Hyrum Andrews said...

I couldn't agree with you more. I really hope that state maintains some shred of decency and moves forward with the impeachment, although unfortunately partisanship seems to take precedents over ethics for most politicians.

I originally was kind of nervous about Obama being from one of the most corrupt political arenas in the nation, but I have to say that I am pretty impressed on how vocal he has been on insisting Blagojevich step down.

On "Wait, wait, don't tell me", a show on NPR the other day, I heard something pretty funny: Blagojevich grew up having two idols: Elvis and Nixon. Well, we see he has the hair of one, and the ethics of the other.

Rachey said...

Ha ha, thats a good one.

Phil Andrews said...

Yes, the whole Blagojevich scandal bugs me alot also. He should have stepped down from day one, and it's ridiculous that the guy is still allowed to hang in there. How can anyone take this guy seriously anymore on anything? At least the impeachment proceedings are happening, though much too slowly. I hope that Obama isn't tainted by being part of what seems to be a very corrupt political machine in Illinois. Anyone who was part of that corrupt machine associated with Blagojevich should be booted out of office, either by impeachment, or by the voters in a recall election, depending on how deep they were in the whole mess.