Sunday, February 10, 2008

Trenches

I just went to the Republican Caucus here in Washington and it was a gas. Even if you're not political, I would reccomend going for the entertainment factor alone. The majority there might not live long enough to see the election after this one, a large number had trouble with the concept of coosing one answer from five choices, and I'm convinced most of the rest were there just so they'd feel smart. I've a good chance of becoming my pricinct's PCO (leader). Later on at work I was talking to a decently intelligent man who said he didn't vote because the whole fiasco wasn't worth particpating in. Wow. If more intelligent people don't get involved in politics, it's all too easy to predict this country's future. I may be in danger of going politician for the same reason I went soldier, for the same reason I go in the bathroom when I can smell the toilet is clogged. I'm better off next to the crapper with a plunger in my hands than standing outside holding my nose.

1 comment:

Sparrow said...

I liked your entertaining post Morgan. I agree with you that the electorate if moving in a less intelligent direction. Reminds me of a few years back when Sean "pdiddy" combs did the "Rock the vote" campaign, basically trying to get young people to think that it's "cool" to vote. Unfortunately most people who vote because it's cool vote for more government assistance, not less. Like anything in life public or personal if Americans stop really thinking about what is in their best self interest they get what they deserve.